Job Opening: ASU Seeks Director, Sports Law And Business Program College Of Law
My buddy Sam Renaut recently left this position at Arizona State University that it now must fill. The job, which Renaut helped create, is to run the Sports Law and Business Program at the Arizona State University College of Law.
The salary range is $60,000 to $95,000 per year and ASU is accepting applications for the opening until April 1. You must have a Juris Doctorate degree to apply, and the school desires that applicants have at least three years of Sports Law and/or sports industry experience.
Duties of the ASU position include:
- In collaboration with the Executive Director, plan and implement strategies to manage and develop the SLB Program;
- Curriculum development, oversight, and course scheduling;
- Teach one course (or co-teach two courses) per semester as part of the job’s requirements;
- Academic and career advising for all students, including approving and supervising internships, applied projects, and independent studies;
- Provide leadership, supervise, mentor and evaluate staff and student employees;
- Take a lead role in the admissions process for MSLB and VSLB applicants;
- Travel to, represent, and participate in various sports law and sports business industry events;
- Create a budget plan and monitor all expenditures and financial reports;
- Collaborate with ASU Law’s Office of Development, the Alumni Relations office, and the Executive Director on alumni relation/engagement efforts; and
- Perform other duties, as assigned, to support the goals of the SLB Program and/or the Sandra Day O’Connor College of Law.
Not interested in this particular opportunity? The Sports Biz has posted many other job openings since its creation.