Job Opening: FanDuel Seeks Director, Legal And Biz Affairs
FanDuel is looking to expand its in-house legal department with the addition of a Director who will handle legal and business affairs. The job, which appears to be based in New York, is for someone who has four-to-eight years of legal experience and is a member of at least one state bar.
In-house experience with an internet/technology company is a “strong plus,” according to the job posting. Additionally, FanDuel highly prefers that candidates have at least two-and-a-half years working at a nationally-recognized law firm, focusing on general corporate and transactional matters.
- Managing the corporate secretary and governance function;
- Working closely with the management team and Board of Directors;
- Leading the legal team in supporting FanDuel’s strategy, m&a and finance efforts, including helping structure transactions, managing due diligence, negotiating and drafting transaction agreements, and supervising outside counsel on that work;
- Drafting and negotiating a variety of commercial agreements, including agreements with agencies, vendors, sponsors and marketing partners;
- Supporting the FanDuel talent team on employment law matters, and the finance team on all tax, structuring and related matters.
The Sports Biz has many other job postings. Check them out if you are in search for a position in the business of sports.