Job Opening: Adidas Seeks Manager Trademark Counsel
Working on trademarks is fun. Trust me. I do a lot of that type of work.
If this type of work also intrigues you, then you may be interested in a job posting by adidas to fill a vacancy for “Manager Trademark Counsel.”
The job requires candidates to have a law degree and to have passed a bar examination, as well as three-to-five years of law firm or in-house experience practicing in trademarks.
Duties of the adidas position entail:
- Perform trademark and design clearance and research on trademark and other intellectual property issues, including attendance at line reviews.
- Counsel the businesses on trademarks, graphics, and product designs (including compliance with internal trademark guidelines).
- Provide education and proactive counseling to the business to minimize risks and enhance intellectual property protection.
- Support compliance with trademark and other intellectual property aspects of licenses, sports marketing contracts and other agreements.
- Support creation of contracts and issues arising out of same as needed.
- Support defense of claims and litigation.
Not interested in this particular opportunity? The Sports Biz has posted many other job openings since its creation.