Job Opening: Minnesota Twins Seek Senior Associate Counsel
The Minnesota Twins baseball franchise is looking to hire someone to serve in the capacity of Senior Associate Counsel. The individual will report directly to the SVP, General Counsel. The position entails issues related to corporate law, contracts and intellectual property.
Candidates must have a Juris Doctorate and a license to practice law in Minnesota. The organization requires a minimum five years of practice in a law firm setting. It prefers experience as a corporate or transactional associate.
Duties of the Minnesota Twins Senior Associate Counsel position include:
- Under guidance of SVP, General Counsel, become primary lead in drafting, reviewing, negotiating, and interpreting a wide variety of agreements with corporate sponsors, premium suite/season ticket holders, non-baseball event promoters, third-party vendors, licensees, and business-system service providers.
- Draft, review and manage non-disclosure/confidentiality agreements.
- Draft, review and manage waivers and releases for all events, activities and services at Target Field and strategize with SVP, General Counsel in management of business risk.
- Advise and assist with the implementation of all sweepstakes, contests and other promotions.
- Collaborate with SVP, General Counsel in management of MLB insurance program to ensure prompt claims reporting and issuance/processing of Certificates of Insurance meeting contract and operational requirements.
- Obtain and develop knowledge and understanding of applicable laws, MLB rules and regulations, legal trends, and new developments in order to effectively monitor Club’s policies and procedures and ensure best practices and compliance in a changing legal/regulatory environment.
- Assist with document production and discovery matters for litigation matters in which the Club is involved.
- Assist with management of trademark and other intellectual property matters.
- Effectively work with outside counsel on select projects, as approved by SVP, General Counsel.
- Perform all other duties as assigned by the SVP, General Counsel.
Not interested in this particular position? We have posted many job openings at The Sports Biz for you to peruse.