Job Opening: Yahoo Sports Seeks Senior Editor
Yahoo Sports has a job opening for Senior Editor in its New York office. The company is seeking someone who has at least five years of experience in digital sports media and journalism.
One of the hardest parts of the job is probably coming up with creative headlines (unlike the one attached to this article). Yahoo also prefers that you have strong knowledge of the NFL, NBA, MLB, NHL, college football, college basketball and fantasy sports.
Here are the responsibilities:
- Help assign and edit stories across all major sports: NBA, NFL, MLB, NCAA football and basketball.
- Work with writers on planning long-term projects and coverage around tentpole events.
- Participate in weekly brainstorm sessions to develop content ideas.
- Assist in coordinating video and podcast appearances for talent.
- Identify trending stories and breaking news for blog team.
- Proactively engage cross-functional teams for major initiatives (editorial, video/production, social, marketing).
Not interested in this particular position? Check out the other job postings that we have featured on The Sports Biz.