Job Opening: XFL Seeks Senior Director, Analytics
As the XFL gets ready to launch for its second time, the start-up football league is hiring many to fill open positions. We recently covered an opening for Team Marketing Director. Today, our sights are set on a position titled, Senior Director, Analytics.
This is not a job for someone straight out of college. The XFL seeks someone who has at least ten years of professional experience in corporate business intelligence, data solutions or data strategy roles, preferably within subscription and/or content distribution business. The league is also requiring TV, entertainment, media or sports industry experience.
Duties of the XFL position will entail:
- Devise XFL’s Data Strategy Roadmap working with football and business stakeholders at the league and team levels to form the basis for leveraging analytics to drive decisions and fan experiences.
- Partner with XFL business leaders to proactively determine how data and insights can better inform and support their goals, and drive XFL growth across:
- Revenue streams – including ticket and merchandise sales, content consumption, social media, and advertising and sponsorship activity;
- Business operations – understand business drivers and trends, forecast performance with near- and long-range outlook, identify opportunities to optimize performance and accelerate growth;
- Fan experience – advanced analytics on XFL Fan behavior, including preferences and patterns, customer journey and engagement; in the long-term this should translate to building outFan 360 and CLTV models;
- Gameday experience – enhancement of the in-stadium experience (pre-, during and post-game) and support of football ops considerations;
- Digital and Media – Analytics that support marketing and media planning, PR, IR, O&O and Social platform interactions, user engagement, sentiment, consumption, followers, media impact, journey, and sales funnel; and
- TV and Broadcast – content analytics for TV ratings and audience measurement.
- Guide and prioritize work of the team based on organizational needs, readiness and benefit.
- Develop and lead an adaptive, innovative, and future-looking analytics team that includes agile and actionable business intelligence operations, advanced analytics, and sports/fan research and insights.
- Establish clear objectives and framework achievements for each member of the XFL Analytics team. Recruit, recognize and nurture talent.
- Proactively manage team growth through thoughtful long-term internal and external resource management and budgeting.
The position is based in Stamford, Connecticut.
Not interested in this particular opportunity? There are many other job postings on The Sports Biz.