Job Opening: XFL Seeks Director, Legal And Business Affairs
It is now looking to hire somebody to take on the role of Director of Legal and Business Affairs. This individual will work closely with the Vice President of Legal and Business Affairs to facilitate the management of all phases of legal advice for the business and football operations and functions of the XFL, which includes negotiating and drafting agreements.
Candidates should have at least five years of related legal and business affairs experience. A blend of law firm and in-house experience is preferred.
Duties of the XFL legal role include:
- Work closely with VP to serve as a go-to legal service provider.
- Draft and support execution of key agreements including player and coaching agreements, marketing partnerships, sponsorships and other sales agreements, pro-social/community service agreements, strategic digital agreements, various licensing agreements and key service provider agreements; provide strategic legal and business counsel in negotiating and structuring same.
- Provide counsel on issues of strategic importance to the organization, and as appropriate, contribute to the corporate strategy planning process.
- Advise the company on litigation risks of possible business decisions and manage litigation as needed.
- Coordinate and work proactively with the company’s corporate communications team to ensure that public statements made on behalf of the company accurately reflect legal exposure.
- Support the company’s extensive efforts to protect all forms of its intellectual property, including its patents, trade secrets, trademarks and copyrights; assisting in the management of the company’s IP portfolio and advising on IP litigation.
- Support the development and dissemination of policies that will ensure that the company is in compliance with all laws, regulations and rules that may apply to the company’s activities; specifically working to ensure compliance with antitrust, corporate conduct, equal opportunity, environment, anti-corruption, consumer regulatory, and other laws, regulations, and rules.
- Actively champion the company’s ethics and integrity by, as much as possible, visibly and regularly educating company employees on the company’s compliance policies and overseeing the company’s implementation of those policies.
- Stay abreast of market and industry trends in the various sports and entertainment sectors.
- Manage legal processes, procedures and protocols for all functions of the organization.
- Provide legal support to the organization’s health & wellness program and medical services practices.
Not interested in this particular job opening? The Sports Biz has highlighted many other job openings in the past.