Job Opening: WWE Seeks Vice President, Business Development
WWE, a publicly traded company, is looking to hire a Vice President of Business Development. The person will report to the SVP of Global Content Media Distribution and Business Development and be based in Stamford, Connecticut.
Candidates are required to have at least ten years of industry experience in global sports content licensing or a related media/entertainment segment. A bachelors of arts degree is required and a master’s degree is preferred.
Duties for the WWE job include:
- Work closely with regional sales lead and international General Managers / market leads to establish global content distribution strategy across all platforms (TV, digital, mobile, AVOD, SVOD) inclusive of tailored and iterative market-by-market approach to revenue, audience and brand growth;
- Lead and support content distribution deals from inception to close, including developing and implementing high-impact negotiating strategies, leading negotiations, providing thought leadership in benchmarking to competitive content properties and developing KPIs to measure internal and partner success (e.g., GRPs, dollars per viewer hour, CPMs, etc.), partnering with executive team and division heads to foster alignment across all lines of business, and working directly with Legal and Business Affairs to facilitate optimal deal structure, papering and execution;
- Manage Company’s digital distribution business (e.g, short-form content syndication) including new sales opportunities, partner management and budget maintenance;
- Lead very experienced partner management team which oversees end-to-end relationship with Company’s TV partners including onboarding and serving as a point person between the partner and stakeholders across the Company (including TV productions, Delivery team, Marketing, Finance, Accounting, etc.);
- Identify and execute business development opportunities that enhance and align with company growth objectives; lead all aspects of deal execution including research of partners/opportunities, strategic and financial assessment, transaction structuring, negotiation, and industry due diligence; provide business development support to global business units in areas of deal evaluation, structuring, and negotiations;
- Serve as executive contact to manage content and business development partnerships, and lead a strong HQ team in delivering outstanding day-to-day support, in coordination with key business units (TV, Digital, Social, Marketing, Strategy, FP&A, etc.);
- Serve as owner of content distribution and business development P&Ls, annual budgeting and planning process and monthly forecasting;
- Lead presentation efforts and business unit reviews to Presidents and Chairman; and
- Lead, manage, coach and develop a high performing team in the US and across international markets
Not interested in this particular WWE job opportunity The Sports Biz has many other job postings up for you to peruse.