Job Opening: William Hill Seeks Intellectual Property Counsel
Here is a unique opportunity to combine work in a sports-related legal role that touches upon gaming as well as intellectual property. William Hill Race & Sports Book is looking to add someone in this role, who will manage all of the company’s intellectual property needs, including providing counsel on issues relating to contracts, agreements and management of external counsel.
You must have a license to practice law in Nevada or meet requirements for admission to the Nevada Bar under Supreme Court Rule 49.10. Additionally, William Hill is looking for someone who has at least four years of experience at a law firm and/or in-house legal departments with a focus on intellectual property.
The William Hill job is based in Nevada, but some travel is required, and William Hill points out that you need to work hours that accomodate business units in the eastern time zone (the work day will begin at 7:00 a.m. pacific standard time).
Some of the duties of the position include:
- Review, draft and negotiate a broad range of intellectual property related agreements.
- Actively liaise with global units in order to manage and protect the company’s portfolio.
- Collaborate with various business units regarding business objectives and strategies.
- Provide prompt guidance to a wide range of legal requests from Product and Marketing teams.
- Provide necessary training to business units regarding intellectual property and risk management matters that directly impact the organization.
- Manage various projects and deadlines.
- Advise executives on contract status, legal risks and business terms of various deals.
- Develop policies and procedures regarding intellectual property management that are consistent with the organization’s policies and objectives.
- Attend and actively contribute to various committees/meetings.
- Work with, and manage, outside counsel, when and where necessary.
Not interested in this particular position. The Sports Biz has posted many other job opportunities in the past.