Job Opening: University Of Miami Seeks Director, Athletic Facilities
The University of Miami is looking to hire someone who will serve as its Director of Athletics Facilities and Maintenance. That person will oversee many aspects of the University of Miami athletic department dacilities such as scheduling, building and grounds maintenance, housekeeping, grounds-keeping and security.
Three-to-five years of work experience is required, as well as a bachelor’s degree with a master’s degree preferred.
The job opening posting provides a lengthy list of duties and responsibilities, which include:
- Development of budgets for the athletic department that includes maintenance and repair, housekeeping, Groundskeeping, utilities and security.
- Coordinate and supervise the various department heads of Maintenance, Housekeeping, Groundskeeping, and Security.
- Meet with vendors and secure quotes for repairs, maintenance, or renovations to athletic department facilities.
- Oversees the Preventive Maintenance Program for all athletic department controlled facilities. Maintains records of all repairs of equipment and facilities.
- Assists with projects for the athletic department as assigned. Assists with obtaining quotes, preparing bid documents and selecting vendors for minor improvements and renovations to athletic facilities.
- Coordinate the scheduling of all camps and clinics to include facility rental agreements, the scheduling of overtime housekeeping, Groundskeeping, and maintenance staff as needed.
- Conducts weekly walk-throughs of Athletics Facilities to identify issues and makes recommendation to administration.
Not the right job for you? The Sports Biz has posted many other job openings in the business of sports.