Job Opening: Under Armour Seeks Associate Counsel, Intellectual Property
We previously featured a cool job opening for head of marketing of the Stephen Curry (SC) brand at Under Armour. This time, we have a more legal oriented job posting, with Under Armour seeking an associate counsel to handle intellectual property matters.
The position requires two-to-five years of experience in-house or at a law firm, focusing on intellectual property such as trademarks, copyrights, marketing and the ability to identify patent issues. You must be an active member of a state bar in good standing. U.S. Patent and Trademark Office patent attorney registration is a plus, but is not required.
Duties for the Baltimore, Maryland-based job include:
- Counsel supported business units on IP strategy, e.g., U.S. and international product screenings to determine availability of proposed trademarks, taglines, product names, product designs and other consumer facing content.
- Prepare, prosecute or manage significant volume of IP matters with US and foreign Intellectual Property offices
- Provide support on a broad range of IP matters, including domestic and international trademark clearance, design clearance, copyrights, enforcement, disputes, transactions and settlements.
- Conduct preliminary and online investigations into potential trademark infringements.
- Draft legal documents, including cease and desist letters, fame affidavits, and Notices of Opposition.
- Liaise with outside law firms, vendors and internal business partners as needed for pending IP matters.
Not interested in this opportunity? We have posted about many other job openings in the past.