Job Opening: Team SoloMid (TSM) Seeks Associate General Counsel
Team SoloMid (TSM) is one of the more popular and prominent esports teams in the world. It was founded in 2009 by Andy “Reginald” Dinh and has squads participating in games such as Fortnite, Hearthstone, League of Legends and PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds.
TSM is now looking for someone to join its team in the role of Associate General Counsel. The in-house position will report to the CEO and serve as the legal officer working across all areas of the organization.
They are asking that candidates have five-to-eight years of experience in media, entertainment, tech or related industry interfacing with senior leaders. A Juris Doctorate degree or equivalent with excellent academic credentials is a must.
Job duties entail:
- Partner with the senior leadership team to provide legal counsel on M&A, sponsorship contracts, agreements, product development, regulatory and compliance requirements, corporate governance and labor & employment matters
- Oversee the selection, retention, management, and evaluation of all outside counsel
- Recommend and implement software to manage outside counsel, legal costs and contracts
- Stay abreast of laws, legislative developments, and developing external trends; continually review and analyze legal risks to TSM across a changing regulatory and competitive environment
- Cultivate and manage relationships with internal customers (e.g. sales, marketing, and operations) to support the delivery of our broad product line
- Serve as the key attorney/legal advisor on all major business transactions, including acquisitions, divestitures, and joint ventures
- Manage and assess the risk posed by any litigation the company faces
- Assume ultimate responsibility for ensuring that the company conducts its business in compliance with applicable domestic and international laws and regulations
- Advises on legal aspects of the company’s financing, including assessing and advising on current and future business structures and legal entities
- Participates in the definition and development of corporate policies, procedures, and programs and provides continuing counsel and guidance on legal matters and on legal implications of all matters
- Assist the CEO as needed with various projects, including fundraising support and strategic projects
Not interested in this job? We have posted many others at The Sports Biz.