Job Opening: The Madison Square Garden Seeks Counsel For Legal And Biz Affairs
The Madison Square Garden Company is looking for someone to serve as counsel for legal and business affairs. The job posting states that a minimum of three-to-five years of corporate legal experience at a top law firm is required. Additionally, being licensed to practice in New York or being eligible for registration in New York as in-house counsel is a must.
The primary role of the position is to assist MSG with U.S. securities and corporate law matters. That includes helping with preparation of SEC filings and the like.
MSG properties include the New York Knicks, New York Rangers, New York Liberty (WNBA), Westchester Knicks (NBAGL) and Hartford Wolf Pack (AHL). It is also involved with esports organization Counter Logic Gaming.
Some more job duties include:
- Support drafting of Proxy and process generally, including gathering information from various business units for populating Proxy; assist with Internal Audit request for back-up; advise on disclosure issues and provide guidance to business units providing data;
- Review/revise relevant portions of SEC filings (10Qs/Ks, 8Ks, Form 4s);
- Manage D&O Questionnaire process, including updating questionnaires, coordinating distribution, review of completed questionnaires for disclosure issues;
- Assist with Form 3/4/5 filings and management of Section 16 compliance;
- Manage NYSE compliance; complete required filings, deliver various notices, etc.; and
- Draft and negotiate commercial corporate contracts and engagement letters, including support of Tax, Internal Audit, Treasury, Finance, Investor Relations, Corporate Communications, Procurement and Corporate Events departmentslan administration matters.
Not interested in this particular opportunity? No problem. The Sports Biz has many other job openings that it has published in the past.