Job Opening: Spotify Seeks Sports Lead
Spotify is looking to hire someone who will oversee the company’s sports content portfolio as well as a dedicated creative team. The role can be based in either New York or Los Angeles and reports to the Head of Creative Development at Spotify Studios.
A bachelors of arts or science is required. Additionally, Spotify seeks candidates who have at least twelve years of experience in the sports field in a variety of capacities that span development and production.
Duties of the position include:
- Shape Spotify’s exclusive content strategy for the sports vertical with a specific focus on podcasts.
- Lead the team accountable for execution of that strategy, consisting of both direct reports and dedicated resources from stakeholder teams.
- Manage budget toward impact on clear KPIs as the executive ultimately accountable for the success of the category.
- Develop content and content brands that map to Spotify’s core demographic and cultural targets.
- Build and maintain Spotify’s external relationships across all facets of the sports community.
- Prospect for acquisitions, surfacing a mix of opportunities from the clear to the unexpected.
- Participate as a key stakeholder in contract negotiation, ensuring that our agreements effectively support creative and functional requirements.
- Work cross-functionally to establish Spotify’s presence in the sports space, to include brand, social channels and content offering.
- Evaluate future extensions of the portfolio, from film & TV to live to international formats.
Not interested in this particular opportunity? The Sports Biz has posted many other job openings that may be better suited for your skill set and interests.