2 New Sports Betting Job Positions At BettorIQ
Previously, we highlighted a Social Media Specialist job opening at BettorIQ. Today, BettorIQ has advised us of two new openings. They are to fill the positions of Sports Betting Research Analyst and Sports Betting Writter.
Applications should be sent to email@example.com. They ask that you include a one-page cover letter stating why they would be crazy not to hire you for this role. In addition, include a list of the sports websites that you enjoy reading on a regular basis.
Sports Betting Research Analyst
Research analysts will be responsible for collecting key information from articles, game previews, recaps, box scores, analytics sites and other sources.
You will supply useful data from both a quantitative and qualitative perspective.
They are considering both part-time (approximately 15-20 hours a week) and full-time positions on a seasonal and year-round basis, with the ability to work remotely from home (weekends required in most cases). Success in this role will be predicated on being extremely organized, thorough, punctual and passionate.
- Read dozens of sports articles on a daily basis in an effort to uncover key handicapping information
- Scan game previews and game recaps for relevant news and tidbits
- Break down box scores and study analytics sites to find key data points for teams
- Analyze recent team performance using various in-house methodologies
- Communicate findings to our team of professional sports bettors via daily reports in an organized, easy-to-use manner to help improve our handicapping results
- Monitor injuries for late breaking news via Twitter, message boards and other sources
- Follow team beat writers religiously to gauge the pulse of every team in the league
- Document any relevant observations made during watching sporting events
- Utilize our internal resources to uncover other valuable information
- Maintain a strong knowledge of the depth charts and rosters for every team covered
- Identify new sources of handicapping information on a regular basis
- Possibility to be featured in some of our podcasts and videos
- A passion for sports and sports betting
- Must thoroughly enjoy reading and scanning sports articles on a daily basis
- Strong attention to detail
- A knack for “finding the needle in the haystack” during the research process
- Excellent documentation skills
- Self-motivated and results-driven
- At least 5 years of personal sports betting experience
- Ability to balance the responsibilities of this job amongst other work commitments (for part-time or seasonal workers who have other jobs)
- Residency in Las Vegas is preferred but not required
- Must be 21 or older
Sports Betting Writer
The ideal candidate has an intricate knowledge of the “Big Six” sports and a basic understanding of the remaining niche sports. Success in this role will be predicated on being organized, creative, punctual, committed and thinking outside-the-box.
- Write compelling sports betting articles each week as assigned
- Pitch additional interesting sports betting topics to write about that go above and beyond normal game previews and recaps
- Perform in-depth research to uncover helpful handicapping information beneath the surface
- Utilize our suite of in-house handicapping tools and resources to identify and write about edges in the sports betting market
- Create pieces that follow SEO-optimized guidelines
- Submit work to editors for input and approval
- Promote content on social media accounts
- Special projects and other duties as assigned
- A strong passion for sports and sports betting
- Experienced writer with impeccable attention to detail
- Ability to meet strict deadlines
- Understanding of industry landscape for sports betting content
- Creative and innovative thinker
- Background in SEO principles
- Experience on air or on camera is highly regarded
- Ability to balance the responsibilities of this job amongst other work commitments (for freelancers who have other jobs or commitments)
- Must be 21 or older