San Antonio Spurs Secure 1st-Ever Franchise Jersey Partner In Frost Bank
This offseason, the San Antonio Spurs have signed Frost Bank to a multi-year marketing partnership that includes placement of a Frost Bank logo in the coveted breast location of the Spurs jersey. New jerseys will be printed prior to the start of the 2018-19 NBA season and debuted when the Spurs host the Miami Heat during a preseason game on September 30.
It marks an expansion of a partnership between the Spurs and Frost Bank that has been in place for 45 years. That makes Frost Bank the longest-tenured partner of the Spurs.
“It was very important for us to find a jersey patch partner that best aligned with our company culture and values, and Frost Bank is the perfect match as demonstrated in the exemplary professional and community service that they have provided to Texans for now over 150 years,” says Rick Pych, Spurs Sports & Entertainment President and CEO. “In our 45 years of partnership with Frost, we have witnessed firsthand the commitment to building long-term caring relationships with their customers as well as to the communities in which they serve.”
The expanded deal does also include a community service component. There will be a comprehensive community engagement platform as well as expanded in-arena and digital presence afforded to Frost Bank.
The Spurs are giving Frost Bank the jersey patch sponsorship 1 year after the NBA instituted a new rule allowing for the placement of brand logos on team jerseys.
San Antonio Spurs waited until 20+ NBA teams secured a jersey patch sponsor.
Other franchises to have jersey sponsors in place include:
- Philadelphia 76ers (StubHub)
- Milwaukee Bucks (Harley-Davidson)
- Cleveland Cavaliers (Goodyear)
- Boston Celtics (General Electric)
- Utah Jazz (Qualtrics)
- Sacramento Kings (Blue Diamond Almonds)
- Orlando Magic (Disney)
- Brooklyn Nets (Infor)
- Detroit Pistons (Flagstar Bank)
- Toronto Raptors (Sun Life)
- Minnesota Timberwolves (Fitbit)
- Denver Nuggets (Western Union)
- Atlanta Hawks (Sharecare)
- Golden State Warriors (Rakuten)
- Los Angeles Lakers (Wish
- Miami Heat (Ultimate Software)
- New Orleans Pelicans (Zatarain’s)
- Charlotte Hornets (Lending Tree).
- New York Knicks (SquareSpace)
- Los Angeles Clippers (Bumble)
[…] last jersey patch sponsorship covered by The Sports Biz was a deal signed by the San Antonio Spurs and Frost […]