Job Opening: Orlando Magic Seeks Legal Services Intern
In November, we told you about a job opening at the Orlando Magic for Vice President of Corporate Partnerships. Today, we bring you a new “job posting” for the position of legal services intern at the National Basketball League franchise.
The intern will be compensated minimum wage, plus overtime, will receive game tickets during the season (as available) and is provided a 40% discount on Magic merchandise. Working hours will be Monday through Friday from 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
A bachelor’s degree is required and the team wants candidates to be currently enrolled at and completed a minimum of two years or recently graduated from an accredited law school.
Duties of the Orlando Magic internship entail:
- Under the supervision of counsel, review, edit, summarize, and draft a variety of documents.
- Study and research existing contracts relating to inquiries or disputes.
- Research legal issues for the development of policies and procedures.
- Research recent industry developments.
- Research applicable rules, regulations and guidelines, including those set forth in league governing documents.
- Assist counsel with implementation and maintenance of contract management system.
- Assist counsel with issues relating to litigation, including legal research and document production
- Assist with day to day workflow of contracts.
- Attend meetings as requested.
- Makes decisions with little or no choice as to the methods and procedures used in achieving results.
- All other duties as assigned.