Job Opening: NFL Seeks Director Of Player Social Marketing
I have no clue what the job pays, but being the Director of Player Social Marketing for the NFL sounds like a very fun position. According to the job posting, the person will lead the league’s Social Content team and manage all player social emdia efforts with a focus on assisting players with their reach, growth and engagement.
Obviously, any candidate must have a deep understanding of various social media platforms that include Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and Snapchat. The NFL also wants someone who has experience with real-time engagement and analytics tools.
The job will be based in New York City.
- Broaden and strengthen player media social content offerings, including original content development in partnership with the NFL Social Lab;
- Ideate and implement a plan of how to better position our players to succeed on social media – through education and encouragement of use of social media best practices;
- Serve as a liaison between NFL Players and League to help empower Players to serve as a voice of the NFL;
- Collaborate and communicate with players and their representatives, and our Player Marketing and Entertainment Marketing teams to best identify new opportunities for NFL Players;
- Oversee and continue to expand the NFL’s Live Content Correspondent’s program;
- Energize others with visions for content improvement and development, including new property development;
- Craft original content programming and distribution plans for The Checkdown – with a focus on fan development, including support of League Cause and Marketing Initiatives.
Not interested in this particular opportunity? Do not worry, The Sports Biz has many other job openings that it has covered in the past.