Job Opening: NFL Seeks Associate Counsel
The National Football League is looking to hire an Associate Counsel who will provide primary legal support in the areas of privacy, data security and information technology transactions. The NFL job opening states that a Juris Doctorate degree is necessary, as well as at least four years of experience at a top law firm or in-house legal department with a focus on privacy and data security.
Some travel is required, including potential travel abroad, but the job is primarily based in New York City.
Duties of the NFL Associate Counsel position include:
- Develop and implement business-oriented policies and procedures to ensure all relevant business initiatives are properly structured and reviewed to drive compliance with all applicable privacy and data security obligations.
- Work with the legal department and all applicable business units to ensure both existing and new projects comply with all relevant privacy and data security obligations.
- Maintain current knowledge of applicable federal, state and international privacy laws (including GDPR) and accreditation standards, and monitor advancements in information privacy technologies to ensure organizational adaptation and compliance.
- Assist business units with the development of strategic plans for the collection, use and sharing of information in a manner that maximizes its value while complying with applicable privacy regulations, and support the development of tools and methodologies to ensure on-going compliance.
- Draft, review and negotiate technology transactions (Saas, software licenses, end-user license and terms of service agreements and software/application development), outsourcing and services agreements, as well as other types of transactions as needed.
- Provide ongoing legal support for all areas of responsibility.
Not interested in this particular job opening? The Sports Biz has highlighted many other job openings in the past.