Job Opening: NBC Sports Seeks Senior Publicist
With this posting, we intend to help those in the public relations field in taking a look at a senior publicist opportunity. The job will be based in Stamford, Connecticut and requires that candidates have a Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Communications, Journalism or Public Relations, as well as a minimum of six years’ working in public relations and/or the sports industry.
Responsibilities for the NBC Sports senior publicist position include:
- Support NBC Sports PR team on the press strategy and execution for NASCAR, INDYCAR, other Motorsports, Olympics, NFL, NHL and Notre Dame Football, among other properties.
- Write and edit/update press materials, including press releases, bios, talking points, pitches, etc.
- Attend numerous events, races and assist in the management of on-site proactive and reactive media relations.
- Monitor telecasts to generate proactive publicity and provide appropriate media services, including transcripts and research.
- Coordinate media interviews with NBC Sports on-air commentators, producers and executives, as necessary.
- As part of NBC Sports Group Communications team and as schedule permits, assist department’s promotion and coverage of big events, including the Olympics, Super Bowl, SNF, Stanley Cup Playoffs and Final, NASCAR Playoffs, Indy 500, etc.
- Support NBC Sports Regional Sports Networks PR, as needed.
- Coordinate and draft award submissions.
- Assist with management of/proactively pitching speaking opportunities for NBC Sports Group executives.
- Help manage and update NBC Sport Group’s press website and corporate bios.
- Contribute to building Media Guides, as needed, including the Super Bowl and Olympics.
- Build and maintain press lists.
- Work with team members on ad hoc projects, assignments, events, etc., as assigned.
Not interested in this particular job opening? The Sports Biz has featured many other job openings in the past.