Job Opening: Counsel, Business And Legal Affairs At NBC Sports Group
NBC Sports Group is looking to hire a lawyer who has a law degree from a top tier law school, has a minimum of three years’ related experience at a law firm or comparable in-house position and is willing to work in Stamford, Connecticut. Further, the job posting says that candidates must be willing to travel and work overtime as well as on weekends, with short notice.
Responsibilities of the position include:
- Draft, review, and negotiate a wide variety of program/content licenses, and other commercial agreements for NBC Sports Group and its sports properties, including NBC Sports, NBC Olympics, NBCSN, NBC Sports Regional Networks and their respective websites and other digital platforms. Agreements may include various forms of program or content license agreements with leagues, conferences, national governing bodies, international federations, sports teams, colleges, and other sports content suppliers (including rights/license agreements, time buy agreements, barter agreements, etc.), sponsorship agreements, programming development agreements, syndication agreements, production agreements, radio simulcasts and other commercial agreements.
- Counsel clients on contractual interpretation, advertising and promotional rights, production obligations, intellectual property usage, clearance issues and pre-litigation dispute resolution associated with sports and programming rights.
- Work on corporate and transactional matters as necessary, in conjunction with corporate development group.
- Liaise with and advise TV and Digital distribution teams on rights and clearances associated with network and digital distribution matters.
- Present analyses directly to executives and management.
Experience in broadcast media or sports business is considered a plus.
Not interested in this particular opportunity? At The Sports Biz, we have posted about many other job openings in the world of sports.