Job Opening: NBA Seeks Data Analyst, Integrity And Investigations
“Integrity” is a word floated about non-stop by professional sports leagues when it comes to sports wagering. There are sincere efforts made by all of the leagues, and the NCAA, to do what they can to preclude improprieties by those involved in the games that are played and others who seek to influence outcomes for monetary gain.
The National Basketball Association has been one of the leaders of the pack in asserting a need to better monitor the integrity of games played. It is in the process of beefing up its staff to further that goal.
A new job posting looks for someone to be based in New York City who will be responsible for supporting the league’s integrity monitoring program, primarily related to sports betting.
- Implement and maintain the League’s data analytics platform(s) to manage the ongoing monitoring of internal and external information related to gaming;
- Coordinate with other departments and third-parties to identify internal and external sources of meaningful information and assist in the process of data collection;
- Work with and coordinate the integration of multiple data sets into the selected data analytics platform(s) and/or visualization tool(s);
- Work with technical partners to automate data flows and reduce reliance on manual data development;
- Develop queries and manage the technical aspects of data interrogation;
- Maintain a reporting mechanism and protocols to ensure appropriate communication of alerts and/or findings, including through visualization and dashboards;
- Oversee information requests and project activities to ensure accurate, timely, and efficient reporting deliverables; and
- Support the investigation and review of any alerts.
The NBA is looking for someone with at least five year of experience in data analytics or a comparable area of expertise, as well as a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or a comparable technical discipline.
Not interested in this NBA data analyst position? The Sports Biz has many other job openings that may interest you.