Job Opening: Counsel, Labor Relations At Major League Baseball
Major League Baseball is looking to hire an individual with at least two years’ legal experience and a J.D. to an opening for Counsel, Labor Relations. Candidates must be a member of the Bar of the State of New York or eligible to practice in the state.
While baseball industry experience is not required, knowledge of the sport is a plus.
Responsibilities of the position, which will cover all labor relations matters, including collective bargaining with MLB players and the umpires union, include:
- Provide advice and counsel to the Clubs and internal departments regarding administration of the collective bargaining agreements with the players and umpires;
- Participate in salary and grievance arbitration, including drafting correspondence, preparing documents for production, and all other aspects of hearing preparation;
- Assist Human Resources Department on employment law matters;
- Work with outside counsel to facilitate external litigations and administrative charges;
- Support MLB’s collective bargaining efforts;
- Prepare research memoranda regarding all areas of responsibilities and correspondence with Clubs and the unions on such matters;
- Provide additional legal services as necessary; and
- Perform related duties as required.
The MLB legal job is based in New York City.
Not interested in this particular opportunity? We have many other jobs that have been posted in the past.