Job Opening: LA Stadium Seeks Senior Counsel, Legal Affairs
The forthcoming and under development Los Angeles Stadium and Entertainment District at Hollywood Park is looking to hire a Senior Counsel who will primarily work on the venues, sponsorships and on-going development and operation of the 298-acre district. The area will serve as host for the Los Angeles Rams and Los Angeles Chargers as well as the 2022 Super Bowl, 2023 College Football National Championship and Opening and Closing ceremonies of the 2028 Olympics.
A J.D. is required as well as an active license to practice law in California. Additionally, the group is looking for at least six years of sports, live event and/or sponsorship law experience. Prior in-house experience is preferred.
Duties of the LA Stadium position include:
- Draft, review, analyze, interpret and negotiate a variety of agreements related to the use and operation of the venues and the district – primarily related to live events and sponsorship assets.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with a diverse team on a wide range of subjects related to the development and operation of the venues and the district.
- Demonstrated ability to interact with stakeholders at multiple levels effectively.
- Respond to requests in a timely and professional manner
- Handle multiple competing requests, manage expectations of stakeholders and appropriately prioritize.
- Manage a high-volume workload in a dynamic environment.
- Managing compliance workflows, specifically, assessing levels of risk, implementing controls, and tracking due diligence, training, contracts and approvals of third parties.
Not interested in this particular opportunity? The Sports Biz has posted many other job openings that may be better suited for your skill set and interests.