Job Opening: Kansas Seeks Associate AD For Communications And Creative Services
Kansas University is looking to hire an Associate Athletic Director for Communications and Creative Services. It is a senior level administrative position responsible for the oversight and day-to-day operations of the Creative staff and Communications division.
The job is based in Lawrence, Kansas. Candidates are required to have a Bachelor’s Degree as well as a minimum of five years’ experience in Athletics communication, creative services, digital services or a closely related field. A Master’s Degree is preferred.
Duties of the Kansas University position include:
- Manages all facets of the creative services department including creative design, creative strategy, digital and social story-telling, digital and social advertising and ecommerce strategy and execution;
- Directly supervises all Creative Services staff;
- Directly supervise and provide support for Assistant AD for Communications and the Director of Football Communications;
- Work collaboratively with Assistant AD for Communications and the Director of Football Communications on strategic plans that lead to the continued evolution of the division;
- Assist the external team and marketing department in planning and coordination of marketing and revenue generating opportunities for Jayhawk football and men’s basketball including a year-round comprehensive marketing plan, ticketed events, digital activations and experiential events;
- Oversee and assist staff that manage marketing efforts for all ticketed sports;
- Serve as lead graphic designer, while working with team to define brand look-and-feel on a season basis;
- Oversee and provide assistance to official photographers of KU Athletics;
- Integrate and coordinate all digital, social and story-telling efforts into overall department goals. Assist Director of Athletics and Executive Staff with cutting edge activation of departmental activation of Athletic Department visions, goals and strategic plan;
- Remain current with and ensure compliance with University, Conference and NCAA rules and regulations;
- Oversee all expenditures of the Communications and Creative Services division;
- Assist the external unit and the Deputy AD for External Engagement with the sales efforts of the ticket sales and service team;
- Assist the external unit and the Senior Associate AD for Development with the annual fund, major gifts, K-Club and future capital campaign activations, communications and graphic design;
- Attend intercollegiate athletic competition, special events, and postseason competition, consistent with the position’s responsibilities and as directed by the Deputy AD for External Engagement and/or Director of Athletics;
- Serve as member of senior staff; and
- Perform additional duties and provide other services as requested by the Deputy AD for External Engagement and/or Director of Athletics.
Not interested in this particular job opening? We have covered many other opportunities on The Sports Biz.