Job Opening: Front Office Sports Seeks Managing Editor
Our friends at the innovative sports business startup Front Office Sports recently received some funding, expanded to New York and now seeks to hire some people to help grow the product. One such job opening is for the important position of Managing Editor.
The team at FOS is seeking someone who has at least three years of experience in media or journalism and prefers that the candidate has a history of sports and/or business coverage. The person must have some existing relationships with PR professionals at sports teams, leagues and other properties.
- Build and refine the Front Office Sports editorial voice and direction;
- Hire and onboard new writers and contributors;
- Coordinate editorial calendar and meetings;
- Plan and approve assignments for writers and contributors;
- Control schedules and enforce deadlines (for writers, contributors, designers etc.);
- Oversee proofreading procedures and edit copy when necessary;
- Assist in evaluating finalized copy for compliance with policies, style, and tone;
- Create original written content daily; and
- Attend events on behalf of the company
The position is based in New York.
Not interested in this particular opportunity? We have many other job postings available at The Sports Biz.