Job Opening: CAA Seeks Assistant, General Counsel
Creative Artists Agency (CAA) is looking to hire an executive/legal assistant for the office of General Counsel. The position is based in Los Angeles, California and requires a minimum one-year commitment to the job.
CAA prefers that candidates have a California or New York license. The company also seeks law school graduates or candidates who have an interest in pursuing law degrees and who are looking for exposure to corporate law.
Duties for the assistant position include:
- Handle high-volume scheduling and rolling calls for top-level executive.
- Be proficient in Microsoft Office, particularly Outlook, Word (redlining), and Excel, as well as Adobe Acrobat Professional.
- Prepare daily To Do Lists for executive in addition to managing follow-up file and determining which items can be handled directly by the assistant on the executive’s behalf.
- Draft, redline and edit highly confidential documents and employment agreements.
- Understand the workflow relationships for the Office of the General Counsel and the agency at large.
- Liaise with multiple external legal counsel on active litigation cases, subpoenas and contracts.
- E-file high volume of documents.
- Utilize digital signing software.
- Process outside counsel billing invoices.
- Access and run reports on NetDocs legal database, HCue and other corporate databases.
- Organize and update hard copy files, ensuring all relevant documents are within reach.
- Coordinate travel itineraries and submit monthly expense reports.
- Occasional assistance with minor personal items such as: making reservations, ordering event tickets through CAA, updating weekend calendar and other minimal tasks.
Not interested in this particular position? The Sports Biz has posted numerous job opportunities in the past.