Job Opening: Atlanta Falcons Seek VP Of Football Communications
Reporting from Atlanta, Georgia, the home football team is looking to hire someone new to serve as Vice President of its Football Communications department. The Falcons’ job posting indicates that candidates must have a bachelor’s degree in a related field and at least ten years of experience in related fields.
Significant NFL public relations and/or communications experience is strongly desired, which means that it is likely necessary to score the Atlanta Falcons job opportunity.
Responsibilities of the position include:
- Deep knowledge and understanding of the NFL, the game, and the football calendar.
- Work together with the VP of Brand Strategy to develop and drive the football and brand communications vision, as well as media relations strategy for the team.
- Lead the development of strategic annual communications plans and daily messaging that align with team, brand and organizational goals.
- Build and strengthen relationships with local and national media, as well as internal stakeholders.
- Provide a forward-looking approach to Falcons communications strategies with strong ability to develop and pitch stories.
- Proactively develop authentic, innovative team and brand stories in order to build brand equity and team reputation while engaging critical audiences including media, athletes, season ticket members, associates, etc.
- Provide day-to-day leadership of the Falcons football communications staff.
- Collaborate with the club’s senior leadership, including the VP of Brand Strategy, AMB Group SVP / Chief Communications Officer, President, General Manager and Head Coach on both football and brand communications matters related to the team.
- Day-to-day management of all communications and media related functions pertaining to the head coach, general manager, players/team and football calendar.
- Provide regular media schedules, messaging documents and briefings for the head coach, general manager, players and coaches.
- Oversight of all communications functions related to: game day, combine, draft/free agency, training camp, post season, transactions, announcements, etc.
- Knowledge and understanding of digital media and marketing strategy as well as the importance of connected storytelling efforts.
- Work collaboratively with internal content teams (digital / social / marketing / creative) to help proactively tell our story.
- Ensure integration with all Atlanta Falcons departments, as well as other leaders across the Blank Family of Businesses.
- Effectively manage football communications budget.
The most exciting part of the job is that this person will play a key role in preparing athletes and executives for their interactions with local and national media, as well as fans and other audiences. It is also probably the most challenging aspect of the job.
Not interested in this particular opportunity? We have covered many other job openings at The Sports Biz!